CDE Announcements Archive
2019–20 End of Year Reminder (sent July 8, 2020)
Dear Adult Educator:
This email contains a reminder of upcoming due dates, as well as updated procedures to follow. It serves as a reminder to adult education agencies funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Sections 225, 231 and Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education Section 243 that all performance data must be submitted on or before July 15, 2020. For a list of all due dates and required submissions, please access the Program and Accountability Guidance Information, posted on the California Department of Education (CDE) website. Data-related submissions sent to our contractor, the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS), must be received on or before July 15, 2020.
No extensions will be granted. Please submit the data you have available. The CDE is aware that all agencies in California have be impacted by Covid-19. And thus, the CDE will take this into consideration in allocating payment points. In addition, to comply with OCTAE “Force Majeure” memos 20-3 20-4, and 20-5, requiring that all states must report students impacted by COVID-19. The CDE has implemented the following:
- Check box now included in TOPSpro® Enterprise
- For federal reporting, this feature will be applied at the state level after all agencies submit their EOY data in July
- Agencies do not need to check this box
Any agency that ended the school year before June 30, 2020, must complete its data through the last day of classes and submit all end-of-year deliverables on or before July 15, 2020. Failure to submit any 2019–20 deliverables will affect current year payments and future funding. Agencies must submit the following data and accountability requirements (see Submitting Accurate and Complete Data for additional recommendations and troubleshooting tips):
- Complete the TOPSpro® Enterprise Adult Education Personnel information for the 2019–20 Program Year (PY) in TOPSpro® Enterprise data (Data Submission Instructions).
- Complete the fourth quarter Employment and Earnings Survey requirement for the 2019–20 PY (Data Submission Instructions).
- Verify all student data is complete and accurate before submitting your end-of-year TOPSpro® Enterprise data.
- Generate, export, and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org a National Reporting System (NRS) Data Integrity Report from your TOPSpro® Enterprise database for the full 2019–20 PY: July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020, (Data Submission Instructions).
- Complete and submit via email to email@example.com the End of the Year Data Submission Certification Letter (PDF).
- CASAS will email agencies the final Official Payment Points Report and Certification Letter for 2019–20 PY once the CASAS has received all Data Submission requirements from the reporting agency. Please verify, complete, and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the Official Payment Points Certification Letter by August 1, 2020.
Please ensure your agency’s submissions reach the CASAS on or before July 15, 2020. Your agency’s primary contact should receive an email confirmation from the CASAS for each of these deliverables within one week of the date received. If you do not receive a confirmation for a specific deliverable, it was probably not received by the CASAS, and agencies should follow up with the CASAS to avoid noncompliance issues.
Agencies with High School Equivalency (HSE) Programs: The High School Equivalency and Outreach Office at the CDE will perform a data match on HSE payment points in the fall of 2020. This may affect the final HSE payment point outcomes after the data certification deadline. The payment points are used to determine future awards.
Agencies with High School Diploma Programs: Agencies can mark “Earned High School Diploma” when student has successfully completed all coursework required by the state and local districts.
If you need further assistance, please contact the CASAS California Accountability Program Manager by phone at 800-255-1036 or by email at email@example.com.
Education Administrator and State Director
Adult Education Office
California Department of Education